The Circolo like its predecessor is manufactured for Nestle by Krups. You may find this machine also labeled as Krups KP 5000. The Circolo uses specially designed capsules by Nestle, different blends of air tight packed coffee grounds, or other hot beverages like hot chocolate, and milk. You can buy the capsules at major stores or get them online.
Dolce Gusto System
Nestle own both the Nespresso and Nescafe Dolce Gusto capsule systems, so this machine works in a similar way to the Nespresso machines with thermoblock to achieve a high quality brewing process. But, in the Dolce Gusto machines, as opposed to Nespresso – 15 bar pressure is used and not 19 bar. The high pressure and the capsules are designed to deliver an even distribution of water and pressure over the coffee to ensure that flavor is maximized. For comparison, in traditional filter coffee makers (drip machines) water flows through the coffee grounds at just 1 bar of pressure.
Warranty is given by Krups for two years.
- Comes in White, Red, Dark Grey and an exclusive aluminum finish Premium Edition.
- High 15 bar pressure with Thermoblock Boiler
- Height adjustable drip tray for any size of glass or cup
- Ultra fast warm up, coffee in minutes
- 1.3 L removable water tank for easy cleaning, filling and emptying
- 24 month warranty by Krups
Check out price comparisons and user reviews for the Dolce Gusto Circolo.